We are not currently accepting any further applications for this bursary opportunity. Please check back later for updates.
We are offering £40,000 in bursaries for four people to learn how to code and begin their career as software developers.
Working in partnership with Babbasa, Develop Me’s mission is to provide opportunity and access to education connected to highly paid in-demand tech careers; by removing the social and economic barriers of entry and supporting under-represented and/or low income individuals.
The bursaries available comprise four fully funded places per year (two places per cohort) on our newly launched part-time 52 week Coding Fellowship Bootcamp (see full details below) – valued at £9,450 each with a loan of a laptop, career coaching and mentoring support to help you set you up in your new career.
This initiative is co-funded partly via our Opportunity Fund supported by our hiring partners, matched by Develop Me with generous support from our mentor and alumni community.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Identify from Black/African/Caribbean/Black British and living in Bristol
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Currently with annual income under £15000
- Be available to attend online classes according to the course schedule
- Be committed to completing all academic requirements of the course
- Commit to participating in Develop Me’s job search support programme
- Undertake our full application and interview process
- Sign-up to an evening ‘Taster Session’ (February 3rd or March 3rd)
- Applications to be submitted via the form below before March 5th.
- Successful applicants will be asked to complete a coding task and invited to interview between March 8th – 12th.
- Offers of a Coding Fellowship Bootcamp (P/T) bursary will be awarded on March 17th.
Bursary funding partners
Coding Fellowship Bootcamp – Part-time
A comprehensive, expert led course in software engineering using the web stack, completed part-time over 52 weeks. You’ll get to grips with all the technologies, tools, processes and skills you need to embark on a career as a Software Developer – whilst putting together a portfolio of real world project work and making some great contacts along the way.
With expert coaching, a highly refined and thoroughly tested curriculum, world class learning resources, a mentoring programme and dedicated career support you can now make that career change to tech around your other commitments.
There is a pre-course, completed in your own time, that helps you come fully prepared to make the most of your time on the core programme.
All of this will put you in the perfect position to land a job as a developer after graduation.
52 weeks + 4-6 week pre-course
£9,450 (not applicable)
All course fees are covered by the scholarships
April 26th 2021
Attend one of our free ‘Taster Workshops’